Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wilton Cake Class #3 - More flowers!

I discovered last night that if your royal icing isn't thick enough, then your hand doesn't cramp while piping. I also discovered that this can make flowers either really difficult to make or really easy, depending on the design.

Basically daffodils are impossible.

Last night we worked on the wilton rose. I tried it with a different tip for a "victorian" rose. Truthfully, I can't tell the difference. I think the outside ones are victorian, but I don't know for sure.


We also learned how to make daffodils, violets and lilies (probably my favourite).


This week I have to decide what my final cake will be covered in and make a million of them. Or at least enough for the design I choose. Hmmm. Suggestions??

These were still soft when I went to take pictures so I had to leave them in the forms.

We'll also learn the basket weave piping and I'll get to "graduate" and be 2/3 done another thing on my 30 before 30 list. Yea!








2 comments:

The fact that you take the time to leave me comments makes my day! Thanks for taking the time. I read every single one.